Internship & Experiential Learning Opportunities
Interested in Archaeology, History and or Collections? Stanford Archaeology Center (SAC) is hiring 1 Student Assistant to help with carrying out the SAC mission by assisting staff with day to day operations and special projects. Opportunity is for work-study eligible students
WHEN: Fall Quarter 2023/ Possible Extension into Winter and Spring Quarter 2024 : 4-7 hours/week
HOW MUCH: $17.50/hour
WHERE: In person on campus at the Stanford Archaeology Center (SAC), occasional computer-based work that can be done remotely
WHAT: The Stanford Archaeology Center is looking to hire a dedicated and enthusiastic student worker to support staff in carrying out the SAC mission by contributing to the welcoming and supportive environment through the completion of special projects and day-to-day operations. This position offers students a unique opportunity to be engaged with the Archaeology community at Stanford and interact with visiting scholars. Students have the opportunity to propose and develop their own suggestions under the supervision of the Student Services Officer.
The SAC Student Assistant duties include
- Staffing Center events to help with set up and tear down (i.e. workshops, distinguished lecture series, holiday parties)
- Occasional evening hours may be requested for special events
- Assisting the Administrative Director, Finance & Operations Coordinator, and SSO with programmatic development
- General administrative tasks such as printing/scanning documents, restocking kitchen/office supplies
- They may also assist with graphic design solutions for our website and social media platforms.
The ideal student will have interest in contributing to the mission of the Center, be organized, work well independently and be familiar with slack, zoom and other project management tools. Strong writing and communication skills is desired
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your application on Handshake, (Job #8268152). Applications should include:
- Your resume
- A statement of <250 words about why you are interested in the position and any relevant course or work experience
- Contact information for one reference
Please contact ariegert [at] stanford.edu (Analicia Leiva Riegert) with any questions.